This was the original collection of pinks from my stash - I was surprised I had so many as this is not a favourite colour of mine - this was the challenge - and being distracted by colour.
First I cut it the fabric into strips - and stitched it all together again
Then cut these strips horizontally and joined them together again
This process was repeated several times
Then I cut them into strips again and stitched an edging
This distorted the shapes which I liked. These strips were mounted on a very dark red background for contrast
I made some cords - some using a contrasting turquoise thread - these were very loosely woven between the strips of pink - and the whole will be able to be seen at the next GTA Exhibition at the Guild Gallery in October. dh