Thursday 16 April 2020


Ira has written these notes and photos come courtesy of Keith.




Because all exhibitions have been postponed I decided to do one new small piece of work every week that we are in lockdown.For the first two weeks I collaged some of my previous prints from the packaging printing blocks I played with previously.I then added some melted metallic tissue, machine and hand stitching to create landscape imagery.



The third week I finished the tetra pack print on fabric which I started a while ago, inspired by fan vaulting in Gloucester Cathedral.I used stem stitch throughout to complete the small piece and sshh.... don't tell anybody this but it was very boring!



Now into the fourth week I have been doing something more exciting.I have been making mono prints on fabric, into which I have been doing metal thread stitching.I intend to work into another one next week and will explain mono printing then.Here's a glimpse into the piece I am working on right now, unfinished as yet.


                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment